ROAD CYCLING TRAINING CAMPS – MALLORCA OR BENIDORM -
Albir gardens, Nr Benidorm or Pollencia in the NE corner of Mallorca provides great training bases for winter and summer training camps. Flying your bikes out to Alicante or Palma with Easyjet or similar and being transported to the hotel by minibus you can have sun drenched and smooth roads to increase your fitness levels.
For Whom? -
Designed for casual cyclist who want simple café stop days or full on training to build up the miles before the race season starts. Individual or twin/3 persons room share half board basis only Hotel options – These can be from the basic B&B option in a simple 3 star hotel with a multitude of options all available to suit your needs. Other options staying in Club Pollensa with swimming pools and more luxurious accommodation are available.
Guiding facilities –
This takes the form three options that start from the lowest cost of self guiding, piggy backing on another group that has a guide (additional £10 approx per day) or guiding by myself.
What's included -
Below is an indication of what can be included in a sports trip/tour/training camp -
- Half-Board accommodation (bed, buffet breakfast evening meal)
- Airport transfers to and from Alicante airport
- Free use of all the hotel facilities (indoor swimming pool and gym).
- Well structured daily group rides catering for all abilities
- Notice board with runs list for all groups, with maps of the area and ride profiles
- On the bike skills classes & positioning
- Knowledgeable guides with each group who know the roads
- Free mechanical service from an experienced mechanic equipped with a full set of tools to make sure your bike is kept in tip top condition for the duration of your stay.
- Free bicycle wash station
- Free massage from a qualified sports masseur / physio.
- Further massages available at reduced price.
- Organised seminars and lectures from the very best in your sport
- Spare bikes / test bikes supplied by Cannondale
- Complementary Free energy products from Science in Sport (S.I.S.)
- A selection of Turbo Trainers for use.
- Free bike lube
- Camp shop with discount prices on SiS product, Sporting Tours clothing, bike spares
- Massage service included
- Mechanical service included
Advice and other info –
Having taken numerous training camps out here before everything from how to pack your bikes ready for the flight out. Route selection and which cafés are good will be taken care of. Times of year can be around late Jan – late Jun to run these excursions. Generally, the later you go the more monies it costs as you fall into the peak season and the hotter it gets. Other areas for advice and potential location to ride include - Albertville, France Club Le Santa, Canary Islands Pyrenees Touring Holidays
Please don't hesitate to contact me even if you need just advice or for more information.